McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Friday was my birthday. Ironically, the day began almost exactly like it did last year. I woke up, checked my email, and had a note from my sister-in-law. She was my first birthday well-wisher last year as well (thanks, Laurie). After that, it's all a blur. Seriously, my 30th year is a fog in my mind. All I know is how it started, and that when it was over, I had landed in Colorado with an extra kid. So, I decided to do 30 over this year. In an effort to make it more memorable, I made breakfast, got Rana ready for school, changed a couple of diapers and hit the ground running... just like I do every day. Scott did take me out for lunch, and we went to a carnival at the kids' school Friday evening. The highlight of the day was winning the train table and train set in the raffle.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so not happy with you that you did not tell me it was your birthday!

10:27 AM  
Blogger SunJane said...

Can you say BAD BEST FRIEND!!!
yeah, that's me. Man, I'm soo sorry, I even have it written down on my birthday list, problem is I never look at my birthday list!
Well, I love you dearly and I'm so glad we're both in our 30's with 3 kids and cute husbands. I think we made out all right.
love ya

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Velvet! I hit the 30 landmark last month, too. Feels weird in a way. I am enjoying your blog and pics. We have a blog, too, on our website. www.kcdennis.com Love to you and your sweet family!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home