McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Well, its official. The church we've been attending (which was also the inspiration for my blog) will be closing after this Sunday. Why? Something about being a consumer-minded culture in a 1st world country. Oh yeah, and not having enough money. When I start to get down about it, Scott quickly reminds me, "Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Oh yeah.
It's really unfortunate. We've met some incredible people. Hopefully, these relationships will not be lost. My prayer is that we will all find a place where God is working and join Him there. It is a powerful lesson I learned in the Experiencing God study several years ago. We were all reminded of it a few Sunday's ago in the interview Bill Hybels did with Bono. Love to all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bummed out too. I look forward to tomorrow morning but I also can't help but think about how sad it'll be too. I'm just glad that our small group has decided to stick together, I don't know what I'd do if we decided to shut down.

About my blog...I wasn't lying when I said I didn't know how to start a blog...but now I think I've got a handle on it :) Wink, Wink!

7:44 PM  
Blogger SunJane said...

Sad, I'm gonna call you right now.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family find a place to get pluged in. You and Scott have a heart to serve the Lord that is just amazing. Had fun at the game the other night. Hope the house is coming together, if you guys need anything just let Amanda and I know. See ya soon...

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your honesty and courage! the whole way home from our trip we just kept asking- "where are we going to got to church now?" God has a place for us and it will be great!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home