McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Who Built The Ark


Last night our Bible reading included the story of Noah. In the middle of Scott's reading, Owen busted out in song, "Who built the ark? No One, No One ..." We were so proud until he got to the second sentence. With Owen, you never know if he's intentionally being funny. We corrected him, but he continued on with his version. It was a great laugh. It also reminded me of Smiley's son Ihsan who sings, "Here I am to worship, here I am to bow-wow." I think of him everytime I hear that song. Kids say the darndest things!

8 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

Cute! Aren't kids better than t.v.? :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Pressing On . . . Jen said...

Brings back memories! Joseph still un-intentionally "hears" different words. I remember when Kayla was about 2 or 3- we were sitting at the dinner table and she started singing "I've got peas like a river, I've got peas like a river" (she really believed it said that)- we still laugh about it! Make sure you are writing down all of the funny/cute things they say in a journal or something- it is such a treasure to go back to when your kids are older. I even have some to use for blackmailing (ha, just kidding). At this point in my life it seems like the "little" years are such a blur. My advice- take pictures, movies, and write the funnies! This morning is "Oral Defense" day- I will update my blog and let you know how it goes. The kids keep saying, "He might be Dr. Yarbrough to everyone else but he is 'Daddy' to us!"

5:32 AM  
Blogger keri said...

Thanks for the laugh!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

TOO cute! Love it! And Yes Mark is now Dr. Mark "daddy" Yarbrough, he passed :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

This is so funny! Dane hears all kinds of things (especially in songs). I think we have these Spiderman sheets, too.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I'm glad we found each other again!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Hey guys! So fun to check in with you! Your little family is so precious (and they are all getting so big!) Sending our love

~Josh, Kristi and Stephanie Jo

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you need now is a pic with Jace with his tongue hanging out!!!

Love ya!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home