McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Scott's Birthday

I DID IT! I finally pulled off a surprise party for Scott. He ALWAYS figures it out, but not this year. He had no idea that new friends and old were coming to celebrate his birthday. We did a white elephant gift exchange, which always seems a little more fun with the right beverage. Troy and Corinne brought Natural Ice beer as their white elephant gift, and people actually drank it! Here is a picture of Chris modeling his gift. There were some great ideas given for all the fun ways it could be used. Even still, that ridiculous pumpkin got left at our house! One of my favorite gifts was the Christmas '94 framed picture of our college buddy, Cody Earl. Here is a before and after for all our DCC friends to enjoy. This is so crazy-hilarious. We love ya, Cody!!!

We had such a good time. Scott and I have talked about it every day. He was so surprised and honored that everyone came. Can't wait to do it again!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny! Way to go on surprising Scott! I will definitely have to send it on to Eric. He will really get a kick out of the Cody pictures! Love the before and after! Thanks for sharing! -Jan

1:49 PM  
Blogger April said...

Happy Birthday Scott!
Well, what's funny is that I haven't seen Cody in like 10 years, so that's how I remember him! That's really him in the second picture?? What happened to his hair? Great job on the surprise party! Sounds like fun!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Eric Keller said...

Oh my goodness. Cody...the years have been...well...kind to you. I remember the days at DCC and all of my run-ins, papers, projects, and teamwork with who we called "Cody the dam Moore". Pronounced moo-r. Anyway, good to see you guys. Happy Birthday Scott! Keep in touch, friends. You can get my e-mail addy off of the church web site at www.oakwoodchristianchurch.org and you can also check out our church, youth ministry, and even the staff bios. (You know I work with Frisbie) Merry Christmas!!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Elsa Marie said...

So sad I couldn't make it. I had to work. Sounds like it was a blast, though. And happy birthday, Scott!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great suprise from a beautiful wife and from a great bunch of friends! Thank you all for making it special and for the natural light (lol) there is one in the fridge, i am waiting for cody to come back over and drink it. The shiny can goes well with his spanish name Pelon, "baldy". What a great night, thanks again.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome party V. Thanks for making it happen for us... Chris LOVES the picture! :-)

8:13 PM  
Blogger SunJane said...

oH my gosH!!! I totally remember that picture. Wasn't that a Halloween party we had in the dorm?
Wish we could have been there too.
Velver you are also the only to ever pull off a surprise party for me. It was like my fav. party ever! You Rock at celebrating people you love.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Stace Riley said...

any other hidden items left behind???

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home