McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

9 YEARS!

Scott and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary today. This was a special one for me because I feel our childbearing days are behind us, and we get to move forward with childrearing, and possibly re-claim time for our marriage. Today, I pondered the things I love about him. My favorite character, by far, is his ability to trust God. It's second nature to him, and I used to hate it. Scott doesn't live on the edge, he lives in a free-fall off the edge. I think some people call it reckless abandon. It's truly admirable. I used to pray, and talk, and stress, and secure my safety harness before even approaching the edge... and that was just to jump off a rock! I have had more adventure in these last 9 years than I would have ever had alone. What a gift!

There are other great things that I love about Scott. He's a terrfic Daddy, an amazing athlete, and pretty easy on the eyes. However, today I am particularly thankful that he's taking those cliff dives with me. As a single mother with 3 kids, little support and little resources, my Mom taught me to trust God, and He never failed. Scott has taught me that even with tons of support and resources, God still loves and provides. I'm excited about where He's leading us and feel honored to parent, live and love with my husband.

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Great post. Congratulations Scott & Velvet! We love you.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

I hope I can still say nice things about Chris when we get to 9 years. We have a year & 1/2 to find out. :-)

Congrat's, by the way. You are some of the funnest (is that a word?) people we know! Must be that Texas thing...I've never met someone from Texas that wasn't fun. Do they put something in the water there? Anyway, we had a blast laughing with you on Sunday.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'll add that you both are an amazing influence. One that took me a while to understand and appreciate. But I love you both for your amazing and never failing trust in God. Yours is a marriage I look up to and hope to find something as special one day for myself!

I love you!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

WOW...He complete's you! You do are an awesome DUO for the Kingdom, way to share His love :)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you two had a great day!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Congratulations on the 9th! You guys surely do complete eachother. What a wonderful gift to the both of you, through this life and into the next. Your Children are the topping on the cake of such a wonderful life spent together. You guys take care! I miss you all so much! Wish we could see more of eachother. Much love to all!
Leila

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home