McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Friday, March 14, 2008

HATE Running, LOVE Many Other Things

Meet the running shoes. For a reason that is still unknown, Velvet agreed to run the Boulder Boulder with her friend Diana. Velvet hates to run. She thought buying the right shoes, might make her go faster or make her like running. So, she spent $105 (twice as much as she's ever spent on shoes she likes) on this pair of shoes that did not make her like running. Velvet hates spending money. To make it worse, Velvet is training with Joy, the caucasian FloJo. It's not fun, folks! Velvet considered blogging her journey to the Boulder Boulder, but decided it wasn't good to be so negative.

I do have to say that I was proud of myself for running 5 miles last weekend. This weekend I will run 6. The Boulder Boulder is a 10K. If I don't have a better body when it's all done, I will really be disappointed!!!






So, now that that's out of the way ...


Heidi blogged about things her family loves and asked what we love. Here it goes...






I love laughter -- from anyone, but especially my kids. I love to laugh!



I love to play good volleyball. I love my morning quiet time. I love rhythm in my life. I finally have a good one. I love when our family visits; summer fire pits with our neighbors; vacations; meaningful talks, and serving people. I love my family and seeing old friends. I love my husband. I love the view of the foothills from our neighborhood. It frequently reminds me of God's splendor when I'm driving around, dropping the kids off, grocery shopping, picking up Starbucks, or RUNNING ;)

11 Comments:

Blogger Mills Family said...

Sometimes we figure out how to live a life we really love by finding out what we dislike (or sometimes even hate).

Thanks for your comment on the blog. I appreciate you and your family.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin' the shoes. Keep at it sister! You'll do great, just like always!!! I can't believe Jace is so big. I have missed out on so much! :o) Love you bunches.

"My Nikki"

10:40 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Wow mills is deep :) Great perspective. You've always been an all or nothing kind of gal: You either hate it or love it! That's passionate girl! Thanks for sharing. I'm right there with you I HATE to run, unless I'm running to dig a volleyball (but that doesn't count)

7:24 PM  
Blogger April said...

You go girl! Keep us posted on the training! But this brings back some fun DCC memories. One is getting up early to run up and down those stairs in the admin building. And the other is when you and me and Skip and Alden were running early that one morning, and you couldn't even make it around the block. You sat on the curb in front of those apartment buildings, your stomach was cramping, and I think it was Skip who had to go get his car to bring you back to the school. I'm sure that won't happen at the Boulder Boulder. When is it?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy your dedication to the "sport" of running. I think you'll do GREAT! Plus, the shoes are nice. I think you're pretty great, too.

8:57 AM  
Blogger SunJane said...

you run for me, cuz I think I hate it worse than you. We have a Beach to Bay run here which I straight out say "NO" everytime I'm asked to run it.
Love to read the stuff you love and the pic of your neighborhood.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I only run when there's a really big dog chasing me. 10K? Holy moly.

9:25 PM  
Blogger velvet said...

The Boulder Boulder is on Memorial Day.

6:32 AM  
Blogger keri said...

You always like to run. Remember in college forcing me to run with you. What was I thinking?! Good luck! Oh by the way. Get an update!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You go Girl! We will be cheering you on from the Southern states! ha!
Your posts are inspirational and always bless me!
Karen

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home