McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Daddy's Home

Scott has been gone most of May. He's home for a little bit which means Mama can breathe, but of course I really haven't. I/We are clearly too busy. "Busy-ness is our biggest vice. It so easily takes our focus off our kids, others and God. Scott's reflections on his way home included guilt over our failure this month to focus our kids on God's word. I took it as an attack since I am actually the one home with them. I didn't tell him that I was offended. I felt that he is the ring leader of keeping our lives jam packed with work. Then that quiet voice let me know that I was a responsible adult with choices. I did/do hold some of the blame. With this on my heart we got away to the mountains. The mountains are a great place to see God and experience peace. I see Him often in my kids and in cirumstances, but to see Him in nature is awesome (and I mean truly AWEsome), and a peaceful pleasure. You cannot deny Him in the mountains. It's the perfect getaway. Our kids also love the mountains and fishing and being with Dad, of course. It was a good day of reflection for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Wow! Great blog and beautiful pictures. The one of all 5 of you should be in a magazine. You look fabulous. You never cease to amaze me -- Your positive attitude and support for your husband is AWEinspiring. Thanks for still ministering to me over all the miles and all the years! I love you girl!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I am glad to see that you got to get away together. Wished you could've come to Houston with Scott, you can stay with us the kids would have so much fun. And yes I know it goes both ways. I am still trying...

11:26 AM  
Blogger Candice said...

That worm picture is a classic. Glad you guys got some good family time. Love you!

8:51 PM  
Blogger April said...

Great pics! Looks like a wonderful weekend!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Mills Family said...

In nature we learn to truly interact..we don't get this normally because in modern life we "watch" things and "play" with things that aren't alive. When we experience nature we learn to experience God. We learn we aren't in control. We learn that things can move slow and it gives room for God to expand...I am jealous of your mountains..maybe we will visit!

8:54 AM  
Blogger SunJane said...

awesome pics! I agree with Heidi on the family pic being in a magazine. Holy cow Vel, you look like a super model!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home