McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Long Days

Well, my older sister was here for two months and now she's gone, and my hubby is gone. It's made for some really long days, but here are some of the fun things that have kept me going ...


Two nights ago I put pink rollers in Rana's hair. My mom used to do this to me when I was a little girl, and I loved it. Here's the before and after (taken the following morning) pics. I think she is so beautiful. While I'm on the topic of Rana... while talking to my mom on the phone yesterday, I heard her say, "You're not alone. God is with you, Silly." I'm not sure what my mom said. My guess is she was explaining that Papa was playing Bingo in OK, and she was home alone. Rana has so much awareness of God. I could go on and on with stories, but I won't.
This afternoon the neighbors asked if the kids could come out and play in the sprinklers. Owen was asleep, so I put his swim trunks on him, and told him we would be outside playing in the water. About 10 minutes later he came out with his rain boots on. He is such a hilarious little guy. Sometimes he knows he's being funny, and other times I don't think he has a clue. It's hard for me to make the distinction on this one. He does have a sweet side, though. Every day he says to me, "Mommy, I have a song for you," and he sings to me.

Jace has been sleeping until 7am, which is much better than the 5am routine he had while my sister was sharing his room. That has been very helpful.

I'm posting extra pics of the kids for Scott. Rana had all the girls pretending to be on a beach reading books. She dictated to each one where and how they would lay. She even told them they all had to move thier legs back and forth, and had her Barbie radio playing. Of course, I wondered "Where did she learn this?" So, I asked. The answer: Max and Ruby. Amazing!




11 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

I bet Rana loved the curly hair! You really do have adorable kids... I'm so glad that relations with your neighbors are improving. :-)

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys and miss you tons. Rana, you are very beautiful and I love that you want everyone to enjoy the moment. Owen, you are too cool and keep hanging on to those pennies. Jace, I just want to smooch on those cheeks buddy. Velvet, I miss you more every day and thanks for the extra pictures and good stories.

9:50 AM  
Blogger April said...

Yes, I agree that Rana is beautiful! And seems so good-hearted as well. Looks like you all are making some good summer memories.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

How fun! Sounds like you all had a great weekend even if you feel a little lonely! Hope to talk to you soon!

10:15 PM  
Blogger SunJane said...

okay I need to kiss Jace! Oh my gosh, I think he is the cutest little guy I have ever seen! ( I can say that because Race is not really a "little guy" yet.)
Rana look spectacular and Owen needs to hook it up with Claire. Yep, they are deffinintly peas from the same pod!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Hey, Get in line...I've got Jace/or Owen hooked up with 2 little girls in Texas :) Fun Summer memories and fun kiddos, wish we could be neighbors for a while again :) --Have fun.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Mills Family said...

Great to see you with your kids. Rylee won't put those foam rollers in her hair anymore...Regan doesn't need them! I gave Andrea a hug for you. We had dinner on Thursday. Shannon Maupin and I say it is so great to have another southern accent around here.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Just wanted to let you know I've used these pictures for encouragement for Rhea to put curlers in her hair. SHe says "mom I look crazy" She doesn't realize the end product. Thanks for the pictorial lesson...we're still working on it. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Hey! Come back to blogger world! What's up? You don't have to stop bloggin' just because you don't want to go deep! We still want to know what's goin' on with you. :-)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Velvet,
I can't believe those are your kids! wow, they are so beautiful and sunshiney. :)
I loved those pink things when I was a kid too, except one time in 4th grade when my hair turned out, waaay too curly and I couldn't do anything about it. It was picture day. anyways, for fun, they're great! Many blessings.
tam

9:55 AM  
Blogger Pressing On . . . Jen said...

Velvet,

I enjoyed talking to you the other night. You inspired me to update my blog.
You will get to sleep in one day--it does get better! You have to "train" Rana to "take care of the boys" (you know, get them coffee milk and toast) and then you can snooze til 8:00 am! One day soon it will happen and you will be passing on the same advice to the young moms you mentor. Hang in there- call me when you loose your sanity- I can help you with that:)!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home