McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Stories I can't forget (for Nik and Shannon!)

Scott took Rana on a date tonight to see The Nutcracker. This past week I took her shopping for the occasion and picked up a purse that matched her dress. She saw me, and said, "Mom, I am sooooo not carrying that." I guess you would have to hear the inflections she used in her voice. It was hilarious! When they get home tonight, and Scott's first comment was, "She is just like her mother." So, of course I want to know what fabulous thing she did ... She fell asleep! That's my girl!!!


Owen was singing, "Ice cream, soda pop, cherry on top. Who's your girlfriend? I forgot." (Rana is great at bringing back all the oldies from school." So I asked him if he had a girlfriend. He got really embarassed and paused for a while, "Yes." Okay, so I'm getting a little defensive, and he finally says, "It's you, Mom!" and quickly gives me a big hug. Ahhhh. I LOVE being his girlfriend!



Jace is nasty. I leave the boys with Julie, our trusty accounting assistant, while I take Rana to school. When I got home one morning, she was carrying a stinky diaper to the trash. I admonished her, telling her that I would take care of those things when I got home, reminding her that it was not her respnsibility. The next day I found out that she did try to get him out of the office, but he caught on, and thought it would be funny to stick his hand in his pants and chase her around. It's no wonder why we ask "Whose got problems?" and Jace answers proudly, throwing one hand in the air, "ME!!!" I'm so thankful Julie thought he was funny for thinking that was funny. What a jewel!

7 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

You're alive and well! Yay! Love the stories about your kids!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Your children are precious. They all have BIG personalities, just like their mommy and daddy!!!
Love you! Shannon

10:09 PM  
Blogger Stace Riley said...

Thanks for posting an update, Velvet.

We all need to get together sooner than later!!!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I just want to eat them all up!!! Rana is so beautiful, Owen just as sweet as a button and Jace....he is nasty!!! hehe

I love you!
Nik

7:17 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks for the new post! see you soon. I am so excited!

8:34 PM  
Blogger April said...

Thanks for blogging! I guess once every 6 months will have to do, as long as the stories are good! Who wouldn't fall asleep in the Nutcracker?? OK, I've actually never seen it, but I just can't drag myself to do it.
Stopping here to pray that I'm not pregnant with a boy! I don't know if I can handle hands in poopy diaper. Just kidding! Merry Christmas!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Clings4Drinks said...

I never check blogs anymore now that I am a facebook addict! See you in Cabo!!!!

(Your Countdown Time is 0 years, 1 months and 1 days.

Your Countdown is also exactly 29 days.

Your Countdown is also approximately 696 hours.

Your Countdown is also approximately 41,760 minutes.

Your Countdown is also approximately 2,505,600 seconds.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home