McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Guitar Lessons -- Week One

Tonight was week one of 6 weeks of guitar lessons. I walked into the Adult guitar class with my ghetto guitar (it has some fancy crayola kid art on it and has been strummed to death) tonight and saw about seven 13 year old faces staring at me. At the other end of the room were 2 guys about my age. I was the only female in the room. Here's a little video of me after week one. It's down right embarassing. We'll see how I progress. Notice the Pampered Chef scraper/pick. I don't have the kahunas to take it to class, but it would be hilarious if I did. If you're a guitar player and have tips, feel free to give them. I'll take any coaching I can get.

7 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

I LOVE your pick! It can be your trademark. Prominent on the cover of your first album. But I'd go for some kickback from Pampered Chef, though. I think it's great that you're doing something new. I'm inspired.

8:00 AM  
Blogger velvet said...

Oh my gosh, Candice. That is hilarious!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

Don't have any comments about the church post, I'm sure Stace can come up with something to argue with you about...but the guitar...Connor was dancing while I played the clip...no kidding!!!!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the Mavs shirt and the game in the background!!! Go Celtics!!! Girl, is there anything you can't do??? Loving the pampered chef pick...hilarious! You are amazing!! I love ya!

My Nikki

12:31 PM  
Blogger April said...

Looking forward to week 2!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Cracking up...where's the voice? Do your fingers hurt or have you developed callouses yet? You are so talented

1:04 PM  
Blogger Padre Reeds said...

You are such my rockstar! You look so earthy playing that thing. I love watching your mouth twist up when your thinking.
love you and your ambitions
-sun

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home