McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

BolderBoulder

I was waiting for the professional pics to come in to blog the race, and then got sidetracked with a last minute trip to Texas. Here's the link to the professional pics, http://www.brightroom.com/go.asp?32336120, and here are the thoughts that I'm taking away from the experience:

It was the second hardest thing I've ever done. Having a baby in a bath tub at home is the first!
"Take in the air. It's free." -- what FloJo and I would tell ourselves when we got tired.
"Bend and tilt." -- Diana's advice on race day for emptying the bladder completely.
FloJo was out of town one weekend and I had to train alone. I was told music would revolutionize my run, so I bought a shuffle to be my friend. It only made me want to dance. I still hate to run. I love to dance. Perhaps next year I'll enter a dance contest!




4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Oh my gosh girl, look at those legs. Toned, no cellulite, maybe I need to train for a run. Nevermind, just get tired thinking about that. So you completed the race? Wow, way to go! Did you go to Country 2000 that time, and some of the girls got out on the floor for the dance contest? I think maybe that was your sister. Ya'll have the moves! Anyway, congrats!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Woo hoo! Go Velvet!

Bend and tilt, huh? I'll have to give that one a try.

Those pictures are great. Perhaps I'll order my very own Velvet-running-with-awesome-legs mousepad. ;)

5:08 AM  
Blogger Candice said...

I am soo impressed! I agree, you look fabulous! And even your expression is impressive: no signs of pain at all. :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Mills Family said...

Great job! Glad you finished. Ryder thinks that there are signs of pain while you were running but we think there should be. I too think your legs look awesome!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home