McLife

Learning, living and loving life with my other Mc's.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Colorado Fun

My dear friend April is under the impression that there's not much fun to be had in snowy weather. And since I am almost ALWAYS in the mood for visitors, I decided to do a little marketing. Here are pictures of my sister and niece sledding with Rana and Owen. Notice the beautiful mountain scenery, and take note that it is FREE. Other free activities include snow-shoeing, building snowmen, ice climbing, ice fishing, ice skating and chillin while others have all the fun!!!

If you're lucky, you'll celebrate a birthday up here like my sister Gina just did. Rana will send out silly-tations (her new word for the art she puts on 4x6 index cards), and we'll have a PARTY. Rana will also cook and decorate your cake (yes, those are goldfish)! But who needs a birthday? Just come see us, and that will be reason enought to celebrate! We love our friends and family. (Note to Colorado friends: do not dillute this post in any way. We love 6 weekends of snow, right?!)

7 Comments:

Blogger April said...

It's not the snow, just the temperature! It does look beautiful, and I would love to visit. And I do get jealous when I see your pictures of snow, and Sunny's pictures of the beach, and all we've got is concrete. But we also have both sets of parents, so I believe we're settled here for a long time. But Rana is going to have to put something else on the cake, oreos maybe?? Great pictures, I do hope we can make it out there someday. Love you!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to say that sleding can be dangerous. haha. my mom told me about the cake, i don't think i'll have a birthday there anytime soon!ha ha just kidding

11:22 AM  
Blogger Stace Riley said...

Totally agree. This is what winter is supposed to be like.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Elsa Marie said...

This is what winter is supposed to be like - in the mountains or the frozen north. We're supposed to get snow every once in a while and then it melts and then it snows again. I think I even dreamed that it was snowing again last night. And I just got some of the ice chipped out of our backyard.

And I like parties - and I'll even eat the goldfish cake :) (because it looks like chocolate underneath...)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Padre Reeds said...

Who finished off that beer bottle behind you..you or your boy?
Beautiful scenery. You don't have to wonder which year it will be flattened by a hurricane either. That's pretty cool; or really cold.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Just don't check out my blog... You can visit anywhere for a little bit, all the while remembering you get to go home!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Heidi McKee said...

Sign me up, it looks delicious!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home